Aberdeen is a leading global provider of marketing services to technology vendors. Our solutions include data services, intent and data analytics, research content, digital engagements as well as demand generations services to enable marketing and sales to optimize their pipeline and revenue results.
Aberdeen Europe is headquartered in the UK with further offices in France and Spain. We have an international contact center based in Madrid. Our US offices are in Waltham and Wilton.
The European Marketing Manager will assist in defining the marketing strategy and will be responsible for the execution of the marketing plan, focusing on campaign definition and execution to grow our brand awareness and contribution to pipeline.
The position also covers the responsibility for defining value propositions and communicating those to the market. Contributing to our websites, managing our marketing database and creation of collateral for the Aberdeen product and solution sets are also part of the role.
You will also manage one resource for internal demand generation – inbound and outbound lead generation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop the annual European Marketing plan for the business
- Manage and deploy all online and offline marketing campaigns as well as post-campaign analysis
- Set up and management of Aberdeen’s own Intent Monitoring of our total addressable market and Online Advertising to those
- Monitor and analyze marketing program performance against lead forecasts and against past performance and make and implement recommendations for optimization
- Develop the Aberdeen Solution brands
- Define and execute launch campaigns for new releases and new products/solutions alongside the product and solution roadmap
- Responsibility for collateral and the development of sales kits for products and solutions marketed (sales presentations, solution fact sheets, references and case studies)
- Optimize Websites – Google adds and improve Google ranking
- Set up and management of our Social Media accounts
- Responsible for managing the marketing database and ensuring that all marketing activity and leads are tracked in the system
- Manage competitor analysis and market research in order to identify market requirements for current and future products/solutions
- Ensure internal communication about all marketing aspects
- Engage regularly with the local sales teams to understand market trends
- Manage relationships with PR agency and DM organizations
- Assist in the set up and delivery of digital programs for our customers as required (back up of Client Success team)
- Overseeing client campaigns and management of client engagement
Qualifications and Skills
- Marketing Graduate
- A minimum of three years B2B marketing experience, ideally within a direct marketing or data provider
- Experienced in working in a busy multicultural environment
- Knowledge of the technology market
- Strong interpersonal capabilities, ability to develop strong trust-based relationships
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to plan and organise time effectively
- Able to work to tight deadlines with a ‘can-do’ approach to problem solving
- Positive attitude and articulate
- Writing and copy editing skills are important — particularly as it relates to email and web copy
- Creative, innovative, proactive, and resourceful
- Strong project management experience
- Must be entrepreneurial — interest and willingness to roll-up sleeves and provide hands-on execution of proposals required. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and deliver under pressure with limited time and resources.
- Experience of working with PR agencies and teams to produce press releases, strengthen media relations, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Analytical skills – interpreting data and information
- Knowledge in current marketing practices and compliancy
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML coding
- Expert in online advertising
- Proficient in the use of Dreamweaver and/or Photoshop
- Native English, second European language is a bonus